I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Comment list (make your own entries)

I have created this post mainly because this blog does not automatically list the most recent comments posted anywhere in the blog. Making entries in this list is solely the responsibility of the commenters. I especially recommend making an entry in this list if the comment was entered under an older post because then the comment would be unlikely to be noticed on its own. I will post in the left sidebar a permanent link to this list. I suggest that one or more of the following be included in your entry:

(1) A URL link to the comment (this link can be created by clicking on the time & date at the bottom of your comment on the tan individual post pages -- not on the white comment entry pages).

(2) Your name

(3) The title and maybe the date of the opening post under which your comment was placed

(4)The date and time of your comment

(5) A post "label" (category) at the bottom of the opening post

(6) A brief summary of your comment

In some ways, this is even better than having an automatic list because (1) the commenters decide what information to put in the listings, (2) the commenters can write summaries of the comments, and (3) the listings are permanent.

I tried this idea before but did not post a link in the left sidebar and I think that is what killed the idea.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

My comment is here. I argue that the Supreme Court was incorrect in ruling that attorney fee awards to plaintiffs in civil rights cases should never be reduced on the grounds that the plaintiff's legal representation was pro bono and/or from a non-profit organization.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you don't make your case.

Friday, March 09, 2007 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

>>>>> But you don't make your case. <<<<<

VIW, future extraneous comments in this list will be deleted without trace. I created this list for a specific purpose and I intend to see that it is used only for that purpose.

Friday, March 09, 2007 9:56:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Comment posted under "Page view record broken." The effort to have "Of Pandas and People" -- the ID book that was central to the Kitzmiller case -- listed as a banned book is discussed.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:52:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Comment under post titled "Law journal paper by Wexler cites censorial Panda's Thumb blog."

Friday, March 16, 2007 12:05:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

This comment discusses the general asininity of ViW's comments.

Friday, March 16, 2007 5:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted a response to LArry's (inane) comment referred to in #5

Manuel

Friday, March 16, 2007 7:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> VIW, future extraneous comments in this list will be deleted without trace. <

Translation: I plan to practice arbitrary censorship.

> I created this list for a specific purpose and I intend to see that it is used only for that purpose. <

Translation: This has not gone the way that I had hoped so I will pick up my ball and go home.

Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Normally I would delete the preceding comment, but I am leaving it here to show the sickness of the trolls on this blog. The preceding comment is an impersonation of Jim Sherwood, one of this blog's biggest supporters. Jim would never say those things.

Sunday, March 18, 2007 7:11:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Comment under the post titled "Internet Censorship Hall of Shame." I reply to ViW's assertion that I am censoring him by not allowing him to insert his replies into this list.

Sunday, March 18, 2007 7:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're damn right, as Larry said, that so-called comment is an impersonation of me.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was impersonated on this blog on Sunday March 18, at 9:43:00 AM. See above.

So I'd like to point out that all of my genuine comments come from San Francisco, where I live: from the San Francisco Public Library, where I do all of my research. That's sfpl.org.

When I go to Larry's Site Meter and click on "Recent Visitors By Details," my comments show up as coming from sfpl.org. It's easy to verify that by checking the time of my comments.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Reply to comment of Heather Geesey, a Dover school board member.

Friday, March 23, 2007 8:50:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

this comment on "Darwinism is grossly overrrated" thread.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home