I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Barney the T.Rex was missing link for San Diego Chicken

The San Diego Chicken beat up that infamous living fossil, Barney the purple Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaur, in skits during ball games, and Barney's owners sued the San Diego Chicken for trademark infringement. Barney and the San Diego Chicken did not know that they are actually close relatives. As Barney's theme song begins,

I love you
You love me
We're a happy family

A news article reports,

Tiny bits of protein extracted from a 68-million-year-old dinosaur bone have given scientists the first genetic proof that the mighty Tyrannosaurus rex is a distant cousin to the modern chicken.

I wonder what this discovery is going to do to cladistic taxonomy -- LOL.

Poor Barney -- so many people hate him. There has been a lot of anti-Barney humor. There is even a role-playing game called "The Jihad to Destroy Barney".
.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>>I wonder what this discovery is going to do to cladistic taxonomy -- LOL.<<<

The yolks on you, Larry - this is additional confirmation of current cladistic taxonomy.

Friday, April 13, 2007 2:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Kevin, surely you know that Larry has redefined "cladistic taxonomy" to be a misspelling of the name of one of the early Roman Emperors.

Friday, April 13, 2007 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Kevin Vicklund said,
>>>>>I wonder what this discovery is going to do to cladistic taxonomy -- LOL.<<<

The yolks on you, Larry - this is additional confirmation of current cladistic taxonomy. <<<<<

Kevin, damn you, you really have some rotten nerve posting comments here. You go around to other blogs urging the bloggers to delete my comments and the comments of others. You think that people should not comment where they are not welcome, and you are not welcome here.

In answer to your comment --

I was half joking -- I really don't know how this latest find is going to affect assumptions about the ancestry of chickens. My main point is that evolutionary biology is subject to change and therefore IMO should not be used as a basis for taxonomy because IMO the priorities in taxonomy should be uniformity and stability rather than use as a tool in studies of evolution.

Friday, April 13, 2007 6:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about arbitrary censorship - now Larry is banning people for actions on other blogs!

Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!
Censorship!

Friday, April 13, 2007 7:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry is acting like a wet hen. Could he be related to the T. Rex?

Friday, April 13, 2007 9:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See? Didn't I tell you -- things were better in the good ol' days!

Friday, April 13, 2007 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Old Barney theme song (sung to the tune of "This Old Man") --

I love you
You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too?

New version:

I hate you
you hate me
that's a Barney parody
With a big lawsuit
And a curse from me to you
Won't you say you hate me too?

I really like the "Jihad to Destroy Barney" website.

Saturday, April 14, 2007 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home