I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Where is Fatheaded Ed's brain?

A blog article titled "Where is the Gonzalez letter?" by Ed Brayton says,
.
By the way, I just thought I'd point out that it has now been several days and neither Gonzalez nor the Discovery Institute has publicly released the letter from ISU President Gregory Geoffroy in which he details the reasons for the tenure denial. There is only one conceivable reason why they have not done so - because it undermines their case for martyrdom. You know damn well that if it provided anything at all that they could spin as supporting that claim, or even spin as not completely debunking it, that letter would have been made public in a millisecond. Sometimes silence speaks volumes.

What would be the point of publicly releasing the letter? It is doubtful that the letter says that Gonzalez's pro-ID views were a reason for denying him tenure. The letter probably does not say anything about grants either, because the deadline for the decision was several days away and ISU told the Discovery Institute that the grant funding figures that DI requested were not yet available. Also, Gonzalez has one more avenue of appeal, the ISU board of regents, and maybe he is afraid that publicizing the letter will jeopardize his chances of persuading the board to reverse the denial of tenure.

Again, I would post this comment on Ed's blog but I and my ideas are banned there.
.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fatheaded Larry Fafarman said...

> Again, I would post this comment on Ed's blog but I and my ideas are banned there. <

Your ideas are not banned there. Your childish antics are.

Friday, June 08, 2007 6:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home