I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I'm from Missouri" do-it-yourself cartoon contest










WHAT? NOT NEUTRAL? WHO? ME?












Here is another version of my last cartoon, and this one is no exaggeration -- the sign actually states the theme of the Forrest lecture that Comer announced.

The contest is to suggest words for the sign and the cartoon caption. Example:

Sign: DARWIN INSPIRED HITLER

Caption: I'm just showing my even-handedness.

The reward for the winner will be a guest post opportunity.

====================================================

PS: I just added the initials "FYI". That is a big improvement.

Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about: "My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer."

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Tits!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spiffy Wig!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm From Missouri!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

I just picked the first appropriate photo that I found. Actually, it is a pretty good picture for my purposes -- Comer is fairly plump like the woman in the photo and the crazy hair gives a clownish appearance. Those coathanger doodles in the photo are not mine.

Anonymous said...

>>>>> I'm From Missouri! <<<<<<

No, she is definitely not from Missouri.

Voice in the Urbanness said...

>>>>> How about: "My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer." <<<<<

That inane suggestion may get the booby prize.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever heard of Photoshop? MSPaint is ghetto as hell

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

>>>>> Ever heard of Photoshop? MSPaint is ghetto as hell <<<<<

How did you know I used MSPaint? My pictures could just be sloppy jobs with a more sophisticated graphics program.

I don't have Photoshop on my computer. MSPaint is fairly easy to use and does the job most of the time -- though the results may not look professional.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

< Caption: I'm just showing my even-handedness. >

Much, much harder than it sounds!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Don't ask me why there are two articles!)

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cartoon is stupid.

Friday, December 14, 2007 4:51:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Well, Ric, I get a fair number of visitors each day, a lot of them trolls, and yours is the first clearly negative comment so far, so I think that my cartoon went over pretty good.

Friday, December 14, 2007 5:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Larry!

I did a funny comic strip that might tickle you.

I'd be happy to give you a few pointers on image manipulation, if you'd like.

JanieBelle

Friday, December 14, 2007 6:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My caption: "Did I forget Hitler again??!!"

Friday, December 14, 2007 7:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon me, ma'am, your biases are showing!

Friday, December 14, 2007 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Janiebelle. Your trompe l'oeil of the picture on the wall changing is quite clever; I like it! :-) LOL!

Friday, December 14, 2007 12:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you.

:)

Kisses

Friday, December 14, 2007 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

So far, the only decent entry is Martin C's.

Here are some more of my own:

Sign: FYI: I THINK THAT MAYBE THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THE CRITICS OF DARWINISM ARE CONSPIRING TO TURN THE USA INTO A TALIBAN-TYPE THEOCRACY, BUT I'M NOT SURE. PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME.

Caption: SORRY, FOLKS, I FORGOT MY FACE MASK TODAY

Caption: JUST DISREGARD THE SIGN AND I THINK EVERYTHING WILL BE OK

Friday, December 14, 2007 1:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> might tickle you <

Tickling Larry: Not recommended!!

Friday, December 14, 2007 1:50:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Well, folks, if I get no more entries in the next two days, I am going to declare Martin C the winner.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Well, folks, if I get no more entries in the next two days, I am going to declare Martin C the winner.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 2:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I submit, "Don't tickle the Larry."

Sunday, December 16, 2007 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pathetic.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 2:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home