I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Monday, June 30, 2008

I am blocked on Conservapedia

I am now unable to post comments on Conservapedia because my IP address is blocked there. The excuse: violation of the "90/10 rule" -- i.e., large contributions to talk pages in comparison to contributions to the articles. I pointed out that I am new to Conservapedia and therefore have had no opportunity to contribute to the articles. Also, all of my comments on this talk page have been responses to other commenters' responses to my comments, and most of my comments have been defensive. It is outrageous that I am now unable to defend myself against attacks on my positions in that talk page. Conservapedia rules are no better than Wikipedia rules.

The disreputable practice of IP address blocking is often ineffective and often unintentionally blocks other Internet users who share the same ISP proxy. It also discriminates against Internet users who use only one IP address. Anonymous proxies are sometimes -- but not always -- effective in evading IP address blocks, and have not been effective lately.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> most of my comments have been defensive. <

No. Most of your comments, as here, are offensive. Try arguing your point logically unstead of just casting insults, dunghill.

Monday, June 30, 2008 11:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now comes the march of the sockpuppets.

Monday, June 30, 2008 11:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Larry meets his goal of getting banned at yet another site.

Monday, June 30, 2008 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Sherwood said...

What's the point of having a "Conservapedia?" Wikipedia has a strong liberal slant or bias, but at least they're cunning enough not to say so, in their name.

The best definition was given by Ambrose Bierce, a writer who was thought to be a cynic, in his Devil's Dictionary:

"Conservative, n.--A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others."

Monday, June 30, 2008 2:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At last, an intelligent post from JS. (I suspected he was capable.) :-)

Monday, June 30, 2008 2:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"now comes the March of the Sockpuppets"

You're welcome.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home