I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Darwinism called "a lie . . . from the pit of hell"

David Klinghoffer wrote,

I did a radio interview today with a fellow down in Texas who had a real preacher's style. Entertaining guy but at one point he asked, letting his voice rise and rise like he was at the pulpit, "David, would you not saaaay that Darwinism is a lie, from its top to its bottom, sprung straight from the pit of Hell!?"

There was sort of an awkward pause. I'm a pretty mild and soft-spoken kind of person. I didn't want to disagree with him, but I couldn't quite echo his sentiment, neither the style nor the substance. "Well," I offered, "that's not exactly the way I would put, though I like your formulation! What I would say is that it's a delusion with, um, some very negative social consequences." I felt bad about having to disappoint him.

There is something diabolical about Darwinism -- its irrationality, the insane, fanatical dogmatism of its adherents, and the strong, unjustified support it has gotten from the courts and the general media. There is a lot of evidence for an old earth and some evidence for common descent, but the evidence for an evolutionary process that was driven solely by natural genetic variation and natural selection is virtually nil. I cringe when this kind of nonsense is called "science."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ouatsa Henway said...

> There is a lot of evidence for an old earth <

Good grief! Are you saying that it is even in question?

Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

>>>>> Good grief! Are you saying that it is even in question? <<<<<<

I don't know -- I am not an expert in this area. I know that proponents of creation science claim to have a lot of evidence for a young earth.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Ouatsa Henway said...

> I know that proponents of creation science claim to have a lot of evidence for a young earth. <

What would that be?

Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

>>>>> What would that be? <<<<<<

Well, like flood geology and radioactive dating. I said that I am not an expert, and I don't want to get involved in those things. I have a hard enough time just promoting my ideas about coevolution.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home