I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Brayton, Take 3

In another article, "Fafarman, Take 3", Good Ol' Ed Brayton says --

Here's the rule when you deal with cranks and trolls - if you engage them, it proves that their ideas have to be taken seriously; if you ignore them, it shows that you're afraid of their ideas. Heads they win, tails you lose.

Are Darwinists any different? If you don't answer them, then you lose the debate, and if you do answer them, you lose anyway because you don't know what you are talking about and your only reason for discussing anything with them is -- or should be -- to be "educated" by them. Yup, that's right -- heads they win, tails you lose.

Panda's Thumb does not even need to "engage" me -- supposedly all PT has to do is just post a link to my blog so that people can see for themselves how stupid my posts supposedly are. But PT has not even done that.

And banning and deleting commenters -- which Ed Brayton and Panda's Thumb do frequently -- are the surest signs of fear of their ideas.

Postscript:

It is apparent that many people who claim that I just post nonsense have been spending a lot of time reading my comments in great detail. I find that to be very strange, because when it becomes clear to me that someone else just posts nonsense, I very quickly stop wasting my time reading that person's comments.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And banning and deleting commenters -- which Ed Brayton and Panda's Thumb do frequently -- are the surest signs of fear of their ideas.
Yeah, that's the first thing I sense when I read Brayton and Panda's Thumb. They're scared shitless of you. You've got it all figured out! You can disprove the entire theory of evolution, and it's only a matter of time before the rest of the civilized world gives up on it altogether!

You, sir, are deserving of a Nobel Prize. You are a true American Hero.

I'll alert the media.

Monday, May 22, 2006 1:11:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Anonymous said --

>>>>And banning and deleting commenters -- which Ed Brayton and Panda's Thumb do frequently -- are the surest signs of fear of their ideas.
Yeah, that's the first thing I sense when I read Brayton and Panda's Thumb. They're scared shitless of you.<<<<<

If they are not scared shitless of me, then why don't they prove it by unbanning me?

Monday, May 22, 2006 3:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry, we read your posts and comments 'cause they are so darned funny in a tragic-train-wreck sort of way.

Monday, May 22, 2006 5:42:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Anonymous said...

>>>>>Larry, we read your posts and comments 'cause they are so darned funny in a tragic-train-wreck sort of way.<<<<<

Anonymous, my posts & comments would have to be hilarious to justify people spending so much time reading them for that reason. If I were that funny, I could make a good living as a comedian.

Sorry, Anonymous, that explanation just doesn't cut it.

Monday, May 22, 2006 7:22:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Anonymous said --

>>>>>If they are not scared shitless of me, then why don't they prove it by unbanning me?
Because you're an idiot? Because it's fun to watch you whine? Because you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever win? <<<<<<<

Whatever, Anonymous. They can come up with all the rationalizations that they want to. But I can always argue that the real reason why I am banned is that they are scared shitless of me. Further evidence of that is that no Panda's Thumb article has ever had a link to this blog or even mentioned this blog. They can't see me whine and make a fool of myself if they don't see my stuff.

Monday, May 22, 2006 8:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I can always argue that the real reason why I am banned is that they are scared shitless of me.

And you can always argue that the holocaust didn't happen, too.

Guess what, Larry. Arguing a case does not make it true.

Monday, May 22, 2006 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Alan Fox said...

Just letting you know now the fun has died down, I'm deleting my bookmark to your blog.

Life's too short, Larry.

Bye

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Alan Fox said --

>>>>>Just letting you know now the fun has died down, I'm deleting my bookmark to your blog.

Life's too short, Larry.

Bye<<<<<<

Is this something that I need to know? What you do with your own bookmarks is your business. I couldn't care less.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home