I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sleazy PZ Myers caught lying

Mike S. Adams, an invited speaker at the University of Minnesota - Morris, charged that Sleazy PZ Myers' following account of the Q&A session following Adams' speech is false:

“…a fellow with a darker complexion and a long ponytail raised his hand to ask a good question, one that was actually very close to what I was going to ask as I was working my way up towards the room. He pointed out the fundamental inconsistency in Adams' conversion story—it didn't make sense that a good liberal would, in anger at feminism, abandon all liberal principles to so whole-heartedly embrace all of the completely contrary principles of conservative extremism (his answer: it was complicated, and there was more to the story than he'd been able to tell—I bet). The questions were just starting to warm up and drill down into Adams' hypocrisy, when one of our local ringleaders, who had jumped up out of his seat when Mr. Radical Ponytail had raised his hand, abruptly cut off the questions.”

The problem for Professor Myer (sic) is that – perhaps unbeknownst to him – the speech was videotaped. The videotape – taken by the school newspaper – will clearly show two things:

1. The man who asked the question about my conversion was white.
2. After I answered the white man’s question, the darker man in the ponytail asked a question about civil liberties, which I answered. He was not prevented from asking a question by a “local ringleader.”

In subsequent posts on his blog Pharyngula, here and here, Sleazy PZ never denied that his above account of the Q&A session is false, and there is the videotape proof that his account is false.

IMO Adams was unfair in thinking that Sleazy PZ was obligated to ask him a question. However, Sleazy PZ had boasted that he was going to ask Adams some tough questions and even asked Pharyngula's readers to suggest questions to ask Adams:

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to his talk, but if I can, suggest some good questions I can ask him. I'm tempted to ask him to simply expound on the distinction between micro- and macro-evolution, so that he can scuttle himself with his own words…although I suspect his talk itself will be sufficiently foolish on its own.

Sleazy PZ's blog Pharyngula is unfortunately a very popular blog, averaging about 20,000 hits per day, which I believe is about three times the traffic that Panda's Thumb and Uncommon Descent, which are popular multiblogger blogs, get (to see the site meter statistics on his blog, just click on the little rainbow-colored square near the bottom of the left-hand sidebar) . Sleazy PZ even has his own article on Wikipedia.

For more of my posts on Sleazy PZ, just enter "PZ" in the search window in the top border of the blog screen (you must be scrolled to the very top to see the window).

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Fake Dave said,
>>>>> It's too bad -- in that I like P.Z. Myers' writings at Pharyngula -- but I also find him to be unnecessarily, excessively, grossly rude. <<<<<

He is worse than rude. I recently had a run-in with Sleazy PZ on his blog and he apparently persuaded his blog service -- Scienceblogs -- to block my comments on all of the service's nearly 50 blogs. When I asked the blog service about my comments being blocked, I got the following answer from a Scienceblogs administrator --

Hi Larry,

I've checked around and I don't find a technical reason for your not being able to comment. I have noticed that a few of our bloggers are actively preventing you from commenting -- perhaps that's the problem? If so, I can't help you, I'm afraid -- our bloggers maintain full control over the ins and outs of their blogs, and I don't have the authority to override their wishes.

-- Tim Murtaugh


I randomly chose seven blogs from the Scienceblog list and found that I was blocked at the comment preview stage on all of them, so it is pretty clear that I am being blocked on all of the Scienceblog blogs. So Murtaugh is obviously lying -- there is no way he could have "noticed" that a "few" of his bloggers were blocking me without noticing that all of his bloggers were blocking me. Contrary to his claim that the "bloggers maintain full control over the ins and outs of their blogs," he is obviously blocking me himself.

I plan to make a new post on this subject.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> I randomly chose seven blogs from the Scienceblog list and found that I was blocked at the comment preview stage on all of them, so it is pretty clear that I am being blocked on all of the Scienceblog blogs. <

If you don't know anything about statistics, you could believe that. On the other hand, I would imagine that your reputation has spread quite rapidly. These people may want to limit their blogs to serious discussion in which case you would have nothing to contribute.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

VIW groaned --
>>>>> If you don't know anything about statistics, you could believe that. <<<<<

The Scienceblogs administrator said that a "few" of the nearly 50 bloggers were blocking me. If just a few were blocking me, it would be extremely unlikely that a random check of seven of the blogs would not turn up a single one that was not blocking me.

>>>>>These people may want to limit their blogs to serious discussion in which case you would have nothing to contribute. <<<<<<

VIW, if you think that I have nothing to contribute, then why don't you just get the hell off of this blog?

You certainly have nothing to contribute here.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> VIW, if you think that I have nothing to contribute, then why don't you just get the hell off of this blog? <

Because others, Real Dave and Kevin for example, have a lot to contribute.

I am also here for the entertainment. I can't wait to see each of your new breathtakingly inane posts.

You certainly have nothing to contribute here.>

Thursday, November 02, 2006 6:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry made a jackass of himself yet again, and once again got himself banned. What else is new? Oh, and he tried to blame it on someone else, as always:

Larry said:
>>>Ichthyic said ( October 21, 2006 06:51 AM ) --

...Don't make me post that thread where your brother exposes your condition, Larry. you wouldn't like that.

Don't start a flame war here, Ichthyic. PZ Myers wouldn't like that. <<<

Which by itself would have been fine (though PZ might not have appreciated Larry trying to speak for him). But then the jackass threatened PZ in the continuation of the comment:

>>>Because I can post comments here by means of anonymous proxies (this comment is posted by anonymous proxy), he can delete my comments but he cannot block them except by enabling universal comment moderation, which would be a great inconvenience to himself and to the readers. Without comment moderation, my nasty comments -- as well as yours -- could sit on this blog for some time before he finds and deletes them.

Posted by: Larry Fafarman | October 21, 2006 12:35 PM <<<

PZ responded:
>>>Making threats to inconvenience me or my readers means you're gone, bozo.

Posted by: PZ Myers | October 21, 2006 01:02 PM <<<

Larry responds (now under auto-disemvowel)
>>>PZ Myers | October 21, 2006 01:02 PM

Making threats to inconvenience me or my readers means you're gone, bozo.

Y'r th n wh s gn, y lsy scmbg. t s frly bvs wh strtd t hr: chthyc.

nt nly hv mnd t spm yr lsy ss, bt my strt spmmng Pnd's Thmb gn t, smthng hvn't dn n mnths.

n f my fvrt tctcs s pstng flms lt t nght s thy r nt fnd nd dltd fr svrl hrs.

Posted by: Larry Fafarman | October 21, 2006 02:18 PM <<<

Yep, Larry went insane yet again and got himself banned yet again. Here's a clue, Larry: do not threaten to spam a blog or forum. Spam is considered the worst form of netiquette short of actual illegal activities, and the way you try to spam runs the risk of breaking the law.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 6:30:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

VIW wheezed,
>>>>> VIW, if you think that I have nothing to contribute, then why don't you just get the hell off of this blog? <

Because others, Real Dave and Kevin for example, have a lot to contribute. <<<<<

Do you mean that I could get rid of you just by deleting Fake Dave and Kevin? Wow, I could kill two (actually three) birds with one stone.

You are really making me regret my no-deletions pledge.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Kevin Vicklund moaned --
>>>>> Spam is considered the worst form of netiquette short of actual illegal activities <<<<<

Who in the hell are you to lecture others about netiquette, you lousy sleazebag?

>>>>>and the way you try to spam runs the risk of breaking the law. <<<<<

Wrong. Everything I've done was perfectly legal.

Sleazy PZ is welcome to block my comments on his blog. . But what he did was ask his blog service to block my comments on all the blog service's blogs and the blog service complied. The blog service rep said that he "noticed" that a "few" of the Scienceblog blogs were blocking me, but if that were true, he could not have helped noticing that a lot more than a few were blocking me. I checked seven blogs at random from the list of about 50 and all were blocking me at the comment preview stage. So the Scienceblog rep lied. Got that? He LIED. Do I have to spell it out for you, you stupid, dense, fatheaded nincompoop? He L-I-E-D.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Larry, whatever happened to your claim that you couldn't post on ScienceBlogs? You seem to be getting your ass kicked on EvolutionBlog just fine.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:10:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

>>>> whatever happened to your claim that you couldn't post on ScienceBlogs? <<<<<

I am no longer being blocked -- obviously -- except on the blogs of Sleazy PZ and Ed "it's my way or the highway" Brayton.

Friday, November 10, 2006 12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleezy Larry said...

> I am no longer being blocked -- obviously -- except on the blogs of Sleazy PZ and Ed "it's my way or the highway" Brayton. <

Are you blocking Ed? I used to see some posts of his on this blog. Perhaps he can't get by your censorship?

Saturday, November 11, 2006 12:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home