I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Parallel evolution of no-censorship blogs

I have been running this blog for nearly a year and all this time I didn't realize that there was another blog similar to this one -- a no-censorship blog dealing with the evolution controversy. The other blog deals specifically with the evolution controversy whereas my blog also deals with other subjects, particularly the Holocaust. The masthead of the other blog, titled Languedoc Diary: A neutral venue and run by Alan Fox, says,
.
A place where IDers and Darwinists can post without the chance of arbitrary deletion, (obscenity and spam excepted). Self-moderation is requested, no other moderation will be applied.

I am adding this blog to my list of external links. I don't want to add too many more external links, though. I have seen link lists stretching into three figures and there is no way to tell which linked websites are the best ones.

I suspect that Alan has not had as much trouble with trolls as I have. Voice in the Wilderness in particular has been a fly in the ointment on this blog. I don't need to answer most of his breathtakingly inane comments, but those comments clutter up this blog with junk. Kevin Vicklund and Bob Serranos have also been big problems with their specious legal arguments that are nitpicking, hairsplitting, convoluted, illogical, and attempts to read people's minds.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean "another" blog with no censorship.

This blog is censored and you have admitted it. You have given lame excuses that were not as valid as those made by Ed Brayton.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 4:59:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Voice in the Wilderness said...

>>>>>> What do you mean "another" blog with no censorship. <<<<<<

I meant another blog with no arbitrary censorship. As I said, if I really practiced arbitrary censorship here, most of your stuff would not remain here. I do have a general policy of deleting the following kinds of comments:

(1) -- comments that gossip about my private life

(2) -- comments that impersonate me

(3) -- unnecessary comments in the comment-list post that discuss other comments in the list -- the proper place for such discussions is in the comment threads that are linked or referred to.

I do not recall deleting a comment in quite a while.

You may be having software problems with this blog service. If a comment disappears or fails to appear, just resubmit it. If you are still having problems, send me a copy of your comment and I will post it for you. My email address is LarryFarma@aol.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> I do not recall deleting a comment in quite a while. <

You may have memory problems. My comments seem to be disappearing too.

> My email address is LarryFarma@aol.com <

I knew that. My spies are everywhere.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 4:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home