I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Note about list of external links

Often I don't post a "me-too" article on an important current controversy when I feel that the controversy is being adequately covered on external links. An example is the big stink over the denial of tenure to Iowa State University astronomy professor Guillermo Gonzalez. Also, it is often hard to keep up with these current controversies because the news about them often changes so rapidly. I don't want to clutter up this blog with a lot of "me-too" articles that would obscure what I feel are the unique or special articles on this blog.

If you are particularly interested in the main subjects of this blog, I suggest that you check the linked websites from time to time. I keep my list of external links fairly short because I regard many (but not all) of the linked websites here to be among the best sources of information on issues of concern to this blog. In contrast, many blogs list dozens or hundreds of links and it is virtually impossible to determine which are the best ones. Of course, I could keep separate lists of websites that I consider to be most important and less important, but (1) that would be a lot of extra work for me and (2) people represented in the list of less important links might feel slighted.

The bottom of the sidebar of the Panda's Thumb blog has good lists of links for websites that frequently deal with the evolution controversy. There is a list for "science & evolution blogs" (I agree that science does not include evolution) and a list for "pseudoscience websites."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I agree that science and evolution should be distinguished)

They are distinguished:

Main Entry: dis·tin·guished
Pronunciation: -(g)wisht
Function: adjective
1 : marked by eminence, distinction , or excellence {distinguished leadership}

Nice of you to agree.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

"Distinguished" does not necessarily mean excellent -- something can be "distinguished" in a very bad way.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out the ambiguity -- I changed the statement to "I agree that there is a distinction between science and evolution."

Sunday, May 20, 2007 4:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> I agree that there is a distinction between science and evolution. <

Yes. Evolution is a subset of science. ID is not. I am glad you agree.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

I finally fixed it for good. Thank you.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 10:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> I finally fixed it for good. Thank you. <

You are welcome. Fixed what?

Monday, May 21, 2007 7:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you hiding Larry? You were ready to take on the world and you have been treed already.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home