I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Book insults Dover attorneys, Judge Jones

The National Center for Science Education website's article about the departure of staff member Nick Matzke says,
.
It was in the Kitzmiller v. Dover case, however, that Matzke's star shone brightest. The staffer who was originally assigned to the case when it seemed as though it was just going to be a routine affair, he was instrumental throughout the case, providing a wealth of scientific expertise and practical advice to the legal team representing the plaintiffs. In his book on the case, 40 Days and 40 Nights (Collins, 2007), Matthew Chapman humorously wrote of Matzke, "The NCSE staffer initially assigned to the Dover flare-up, he now briefed the lawyers on the arcane ins and outs of science. Bespectacled, in his thirties, he was tall and large and peered down at you with a look of beleaguered doubt, as if to say, 'You're asking me this question about science, but you know and I know that you're not going to understand my answer, so, although I find this stuff fascinating, wouldn't you really rather go for a beer?'" We'll be buying him one or two as we bid him a fond farewell. (emphasis added)

This isn't rocket science. The book insults the lawyers -- and, by implication, Judge Jones, who may also hear the explanation -- by suggesting that they are not going to understand the answer. That is not what I would call "humorous." The correct interpretation of the "look of beleaguered doubt" is, "the answer is so obvious that I can't believe that you are too dumb to figure it out yourselves."

Matzke is entering the Ph.D. program at the Department of Integrative Biology at the University of California, Berkeley. "Integrative biology" is of course a code term for Darwinism.

BTW, I don't have a very high opinion of Matzke's replacement, Josh Rosenau, the blogger on Thoughts from Kansas. Once I was unable to post a comment on his blog and I asked him if he would do me the favor of posting it for me. He rudely refused, saying that I had an "incompetent inability" to post comments.

I think that I will now go for a beer myself.
.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just ja[ammed tp be veru drinking at thje moment, and I found your cpmeent veryyyyy interesng. Think you, and Good bless you for our interest.

Friday, September 07, 2007 10:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home