I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Larry Moran: "Darwin was the greatest scientist who ever lived"

He said it right here.

Darwin never even got the title "Sir" whereas some other British scientists got the title "Lord," e.g., Lord Kelvin, Lord Rutherford.

I was originally tempted to start calling Larry "Larry Moron." However, to Larry's credit, he severely criticized giving Judge Jones credit for copied material in the ID-as-science section of the Dover opinion and at the same time Larry also thoroughly bashed Fatheaded Ed Brayton. Here is some of what Larry wrote:
.
Ed and his followers — a dozen or so at last count — are not happy. Apparently, I have violated one of the cardinal sins of the appeasers. I have questioned one of the good guys. They want to make sure everyone understands the depth of my ignorance. Thanks, Ed, I appreciate the lesson from such an expert. . . .

. . . .Enough, Ed. I never said that the validity of his ruling was in question. I'm in no position to judge the minutiae of American constitutional law. One of the things that I didn't know was that a judge can just copy the arguments of one side and claim them as his own. I also didn't know that in your culture this can be a sign of intelligence, even brilliance. It explains a lot. Thanks for the lesson . . .

. . . .Chalk it up to ignorance, Ed. I was ignorant of the way you do things down there and of your standards for brilliance. I'll try not to overestimate you again.

Larry also said in a comment,

Referring to Judge Jones, you say ...
He did not merely sign off on one side, but took the material from both sides and took a month to sort through what occurred at trial and put together a first rate summary of the issues from the materials he had been comparing and which had been debated before the bench. It was not all his own wording; but that's not a defect, nor is it a denial of the time he did spend sorting through the issues.

I find it incredible that you could say such a thing. Obviously, you have never taken the time to compare what Jones wrote to what's in the Plaintiff's submission. Any junior clerk could have copied the material in a single afternoon, making some minor changes of wording. This is not a case of picking and choosing from both sides and writing a summary that incorporates a few phrases here and there. It's wholesale copying, the order is the same and entire paragraphs are copied for 34 pages.

As I said, my biggest problem with Judge Jones is not his copying but is the one-sidedness of his copying -- his ID-as-science section was nearly entirely copied from the plaintiffs' opening post-trial brief while nearly entirely ignoring the other post-trial briefs. Also, I agree with Larry that a judge should not be given credit for what that judge copies.
.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I wasn't aware that having a "Sir" or "Lord" title was a prerequisite for being a great scientist...

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Sherwood said...

Although the Queen gave old Chuck no title, other kids gave him the title "Gas" for playing with gas-producing chemicals at 13. (It's now known that his speculations were full of gas.)

Old Darwin: "I peered at the ass
Of a rabbit that hopped in the grass:
And thought, I wonder
If slaughter and blunder
Made hares? A theory? Or gas?"

Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Sherwood said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 4:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Censorship returns

Sunday, February 17, 2008 3:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 4:18:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Anonymous said...

>>>>>> Censorship returns <<<<<

The message says that the post was removed by the author -- that's not censorship.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 5:30:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

The post by "Anonymous" that was removed said,

Anonymous said...

http://www.iscid.org/boards/ubb-get_topic-f-6-t-000370-p-79.html

esecailly my message 6:17 February 17, 2008

John A. Davison


John's blog is back to normal now.

Monday, February 18, 2008 5:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> The message says that the post was removed by the author -- that's not censorship. <

This post has been removed by the blog administrator.

Monday, February 18, 2008 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Anonymous said...

>>>>>> The message says that the post was removed by the author -- that's not censorship. <

This post has been removed by the blog administrator. <<<<<

I re-posted that post in a new post -- I deleted the original because it contained the false charge that Alan Fox had deleted John Davison's blog -- the blog later reappeared.

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> I deleted the original because <

You censored the original because

> it contained the false charge that Alan Fox had deleted John Davison's blog <

It allegedly contained a false charge.

Why not just point out that the charge was fales?

Monday, February 18, 2008 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I plead guilty to being paranoid. It is a product of having been summarily banned from virtually every form and blog in the cuberdumb. I was never this way until I started offering my science on internet forums. I like what Henry Kissinger said about people like me -

"Even a paranoid can have enemies."

You got that right Henry baby!

"A past evolution is undeniable, a present evolution undemonstrable."
John A. Davison

Monday, February 18, 2008 3:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is cyberdumb not cuberdumb.

Monday, February 18, 2008 3:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home