I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Even Jews have difficulty deciding who is really Jewish

I have argued that a "systematic" Jewish holocaust was impossible because the Nazis had no objective and reliable ways of identifying Jews and non-Jews. A news article now says that even Jews have difficulty deciding who is Jewish:

One day last fall, a young Israeli woman named Sharon went with her fiancé to the Tel Aviv Rabbinate to register to marry. They are not religious, but there is no civil marriage in Israel. The rabbinate, a government bureaucracy, has a monopoly on tying the knot between Jews. The last thing Sharon expected to be told that morning was that she would have to prove — before a rabbinic court, no less — that she was Jewish. It made as much sense as someone doubting she was Sharon, telling her that the name written in her blue government-issue ID card was irrelevant, asking her to prove that she was she.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Voice in the Urbanness said...

It appears that you are dragging out an old argument to distract us from the argument you have lost on the previous thread. O.K. Let's go on.

> I have argued that a "systematic" Jewish holocaust was impossible because the Nazis had no objective and reliable ways of identifying Jews and non-Jews. <

Other than the ones which have been stated here repeatedly. It is a waste of time to repeat them again. You must know that you would have gone up the chimney if you had been in Nazi Germany during WWII. Does it mean nothing to you that some of your relatives may have suffered that fate?

> The rabbinate, a government bureaucracy <

This tells it all. You are surprised by irrational activity by a government bureaucracy, worse yet one run by religious fundamentalists. They obviously objected to the couple not being religious.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 7:16:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

>>>>>> Of course Larry fails to mention in his criticisms of Wikipedia that he is banned from Wikipedia by the community for "Attempting to harass other users: Edit warring, personal attacks, disruptive editing, encouraging meat puppetry." <<<<<<

And of course you fail to mention that the Wickedpedians used the same tactics -- e.g., tag team edit warring -- and so my actions were strictly defensive.

And you have yet to give me a reason why I should not delete your crap.

"I'm always kicking their butts -- that's why they don't like me."

-- Gov. Arnold Schwazenegger

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 7:43:00 AM  
Anonymous the evilutionist said...

Hey moron, did you even read the article? Especially the part where it talks about the rabbinate being increasingly more discriminatory against the more secular Jews who don't meet their fundamentalist religious standards? The article is not about difficulties in identifying Jewishness, but more about religious discrimination by an ever-growing religiously conservative movement dominating Israeli government functions. Your attempts to tie this back to your ridiculous "HURRR Nazi's don't know what jews look like LOL" theory are a stretch at most and otherwise completely off-topic. And now followed by references to wikipedia? You seem to be all over the place. What are you smoking?

Speaking of stretches, you wanna know how else you can spin this? This situation mirrors the growing religious fundamentalism movement in America, with their attempts to attack science by twisting scientific definitions for their own agendas and promoting confusion and misinformation among the general public. Before this, sciences such as evolution were well established with consistent evidence from on-going research for support. Now, we can't even mention evolution without the fundies jumping on the word "theory" over and over again. Now here's a masterpiece in reading comprehension failure and going off on a tangent.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Voice in the Urbanness said...

> And of course you fail to mention that the Wickedpedians used the same tactics -- e.g., tag team edit warring -- and so my actions were strictly defensive. <

Removing your vandalism quickly is not "tag team edit warring". Their actions were strictly defensive.

> And you have yet to give me a reason why I should not delete your crap. <

You often do while continuing to bray about perceived but unsubstantiated claims of censorship by other blogs. So far the only examples of censorship that are obvious are right here on this blog you Cretin hypocrite.

They are always kicking your butt - That's why you don't like anyone.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 6:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Buzz Corey said...

This is getting old. Chuckles posts one of several repeating messages and then fails to defend them. His only answers to insult those posting the rebuttals. Rather than continuing to type the same crap over an over, why not just number the issues:

1. Non-science should be give equal weight with science.

1a. Mindless blather should be included in scholarly treatises to give people a choice.

2. Judge Jones showed favoratism by actually coming up with a decision.

3. Chuckles' misinterpretation of Judge Jones' comments on "true religion".

3a. Bizarre connections between what Judge Jones, or any other speaker, says and the logo on the front of the podium.

3b. The connection that Chuckles has not yet made between the actions of sailors and the deep philosophical implications of the ship's figurehead.

4. Unsubstantiated and seemingly untrue claims of censorship on other blogs.

4a. Obviously false claims of a lack of censorship on this one.

5. Claims that Jews could not be identified.
5a. Pictures such as one posted last year of an obviously Jewish individual with the title "Who would have known he was Jewish".

6. Patently absurd claims that Chuckles has more expertise on any subject than does a cigar store Indian.

7. The false claim that Chuckles has ever won an argument with anyone. Even when he occasionally debates himself, both sides lose.

Numbering this manure in this way would greatly reduce typing time. He could just begin a new thread with #2 or #5 and there is really no need to add any text. Then the readers could point out the obvious faults of that line and kick his butt as usual. Chuckles could then answer as always with insults as he seems incapable of any other types of reply.

Even more efficiency could be obtained by numbering the insults as #1 Dunghill, #2 Fathead, etc.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

There is no sense in trying to argue with idiots.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Voice in the Urbanness said...

Larry's non-response to a particular comment is usually inability to answer. That's why he always loses.

Buzz Corey's point is right. Larry just repeats the same old tired crap over and over, makes little or no attempt to refute the perfectly arguments against his crap, and instead just insults those posting. He then pretends that these arguments have not been made and with his face dripping with egg and merangue and his butt kicked up over his shoulders, proclaims victory. Is there any wonder why Larry has gained a reputation as a dimwitted lunatic?

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 7:14:00 AM  
Anonymous the evilutionist said...

Face it moron: once again, you got caught displaying signs of terminal stupidity. There's no argument against reading comprehension failure other then remedial education. I suppose it's no surprise that an academic retard such as yourself would be promoting efforts to sabotage the quality of the education system. Is it THAT lonely at the bottom, Larry?

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 9:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What exactly do you think happened in Germany?

Do you think the Germans killed huge number of innocent people in concentration camps or not? I assume you accept the deahs happen as you say you are not a Holocaust denier.

Are you arguing that the number killed is much smalled than the one to four million estimate?

Are you arguing that they were not predominantly Jewish?

Give that "Holocaust Revisionism" is such a large part of your blog, it is odd that I could not find anywhere where you lay out what you actually believe.

The Pixie

Monday, April 07, 2008 4:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home