I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Protest of award of honorary degree to NCSE's Eugenie Scott

Panda's Thumb announced that the Board of Regents of the University of New Mexico has decided to confer an honorary degree on Eugenie Scott, the controversial head of the National Center for Science Education. One of Eugenie Scott's crimes has been her hypocritical and cynical use of religion to promote Darwinism in the public schools [1][2]. The Board of Regents should not presume to speak for the entire university community in regard to the controversy over evolution. IMO it is a bad idea to give honorary degrees to controversial people. Or at least such an honorary degree should be balanced by an honorary degree to the other side. How about an honorary degree for an ID’er?

Protests may be sent to the following email addresses:

ewenzel@unm.edu
Board of Regents

unmpres@unm.edu
University president

jgeiss@unm.edu
Prof. John W. Geissman, led campaign to award degree

8 Comments:

Anonymous Voice in the Urbanness said...

Let us applaud the University of New Mexico. Thank you for giving us the addresses so that we can congratulate them.

> One of Eugenie Scott's crimes has been her hypocritical and cynical use of religion to promote Darwinism in the public schools <

How is that a crime? What is cynical about it? Evolution does not conflict with religion in general, only with those who believe that the Earth is held up on the backs of four elephants on the back of a giant tortoise, etc.

> The Board of Regents should not presume to speak for the entire university community in regard to the controversy over evolution. <

I would think that the majority of students, faculty, and alumni would applaud this decision.

> IMO it is a bad idea to give honorary degrees to controversial people. <

Yes, but you are an idiot.

> Or at least such an honorary degree should be balanced by an honorary degree to the other side. <

But the other side hasn't accomplished anything positive.

> How about an honorary degree for an ID’er? <

You can't be serious! ID has been shot down so far that no rational person would claim to believe it.

Friday, March 14, 2008 6:29:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

>>>>>> Thank you for giving us the addresses so that we can congratulate them. <<<<<<

You stupid dunghill, did I ever thank Panda's Thumb for announcing this honorary degree? I would not otherwise have known about it and been able to make this protest.

>>>>>> One of Eugenie Scott's crimes has been her hypocritical and cynical use of religion to promote Darwinism in the public schools <

How is that a crime? <<<<<<

It violates the establishment clause, dunghill.

>>>>>> I would think that the majority of students, faculty, and alumni would applaud this decision. <<<<<<

That's because the majority does not know what a nefarious character she is.

>>>>>> But the other side hasn't accomplished anything positive. <<<<<<

The other side has at least forced Darwinists to confront the weaknesses of Darwinism.

>>>>>> How about an honorary degree for an ID’er? <

You can't be serious! ID has been shot down so far that no rational person would claim to believe it. <<<<<<

Wrong. ID has not been shot down. And there are also non-ID criticisms of evolution -- I have discussed some of them on this blog.

Friday, March 14, 2008 8:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Non-Intelligent Designer said...

Eugenie Scott ==
Nefarious Character

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad !=
Nefarious Character

Friday, March 14, 2008 11:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Voice in the Urbanness said...

> did I ever thank Panda's Thumb for announcing this honorary degree? <

No. You are an ingrate.

> I would not otherwise have known about it and been able to make this protest. <

Your protest will work to the benefit of the Darwinists. It will show at least one of their opponents to be a mindless Cretin.

> It violates the establishment clause, dunghill. <

You don't seem to understand the establishment clause any more than you do other legal concepts.

> That's because the majority does not know what a nefarious character she is. <

Or perhaps it may be that they have a more accurate picture of what she has done than you do?

> The other side has at least forced Darwinists to confront the weaknesses of Darwinism. <

No. But they have shown the weakness of arguments against it.

> Wrong. ID has not been shot down. <

Where have you been?

> And there are also non-ID criticisms of evolution -- I have discussed some of them on this blog. <

But you have been unable to support any of them. When you are challenged, you stick your head in the sand.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 3:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Emanuel Goldstein said...

You know, Eugenie does look like a squirrel.

And at least her and Josh Rosenau the Bitter Jew are stuck working in a propaganda outlet and not serving is actual ACADEMIC POSTIONS.

And never will, with their noteriety on the blogosphere!

Bahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

Saturday, March 15, 2008 10:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, March 21, 2008 12:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home