I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Welcome, visitors from Sleazy PZ Myers' Pharyngula blog

Sleazy PZ Myers' Pharyngula blog has caused the biggest spike of traffic since I installed Sitemeter in August 2006 (the Sitementer logo is at the bottom of the sidebar). I normally get around 40-60 visits per day (some are repeat visits from the same person), but I got 392 visits yesterday and over 300 visits so far today. The "By Referral" list on the Sitemeter shows that most of the extra visits are coming from Sleazy PZ's "Killfile Dungeon", where I am at the top of the list of banned commenters. Sleazy PZ referred readers to his Killfile Dungeon when he added another commenter ("Kenny") to the list, and readers who saw the link to this blog -- which Sleazy PZ calls "a bottomless pit of stupidity" -- apparently decided to pay this blog a visit out of curiosity.

My most-recommended articles here are my articles about co-evolution, which are under the post label titled "Non-ID criticisms of evolution". My ideas about co-evolution are considered so dangerous that they were banned from Panda's Thumb and the blog of the Florida Citizens for Science.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry

I periodically call attention to Sleazy PeeZee's kill file by linking to it just to remind the world what a mound of ethical garbage the man really is!

I love it so!

"A past evolution is undeniable, a present evolution undemonstrable."
John A. Davison

Saturday, June 07, 2008 8:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize PZ likes to promote sites in which he trashes first(gives out crime sentences), then puts on a small list. Now I can understand some of the basis of his arguments against those bloggers who are at times annoying, perhaps just there to fill up space rather than contribute a "constructive" viewpoint. I wished I would have examined some the posts he had problems with. I seen some of Kenny's posts, but none of the others.

Well it appears Larry, your getting more of your thoughts viewed, than if you were still blogging on those sites.

Saturday, June 07, 2008 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Michael said,
>>>>> I wished I would have examined some the posts he had problems with. I seen some of Kenny's posts, but none of the others. <<<<<

So you are generalizing on the basis of just one commenter out of about 30 that Sleazy PZ banned.

>>>>>> Well it appears Larry, your getting more of your thoughts viewed, than if you were still blogging on those sites. <<<<<

Unfortunately, I think that the typical reader of Sleazy PZ's blog is not receptive to my ideas.

I think that one big reason why this blog is rarely cited or linked by other blogs is that I am a holocaust revisionist and other bloggers are therefore often afraid to be associated with me.

Saturday, June 07, 2008 11:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

< one big reason why this blog is rarely cited >

A general lack of rational thought is not sufficient?

Sunday, June 08, 2008 10:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry

While I am still persona non grata at Uncommon Descent, largely due to David Springer, Denyse O'Leary has allowed me to hold forth on Overwhelming Evidence -

http://www.overwhelmingevidence.com/oe/node/550#comment

"A past evolution is undeniable, a present evolution undemonstrable."
John A. Davison

Monday, June 09, 2008 2:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> You trolls talk big but when it comes to disputing my arguments, it's just not there. <

We successfully dispute your arguments with great regularity. Your answer is either to restate your disproved argument, or if you are really hopeless, you censor the arguments you can't answer.

Monday, June 09, 2008 6:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: JAD's reference to the Overwhelming Evidence blog:

It's rather painful to read OE, which, while it sometimes makes interesting observations, always wanders off into irrelevancies.

One such article talks about the challenge posed to the Chinese "alphabet" by modern vocabulary expansion. It does correctly draw an analogy from that to evolution. But here's a much simpler one.

The word "Anonymous" is itself a compound (much like the Chinese ideogram compounds). The 'A' conveys a negation of the concept of having a name. I therefore enjoy the pun (double entendre) of eliding it, which thus becomes self-referential. "'Nonymous" is no longer quite nameless.

A "trivial" change like this, which could obviously be the result of a mutation, not only negates the entire concept, but becomes recursive and ambiguous. (Only in a certain frame of reference, of course.)

Monday, June 09, 2008 9:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home