I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thomson-Scientific refers blog comment censorship issue to legal counsel

I have been informed by telephone that Thomson-Scientific has referred the blog comment censorship issue to its legal counsel and that other staff will not discuss the issue further with me. I don't know if this referral means that Thomson-Scientific and its affiliates in the field of law are giving this matter more attention or less attention.

Arbitrary censorship of comments on blogs is not necessarily a legal issue, but IMO it can be. IMO it is definitely a legal issue when a blog is cited by a court opinion. It might be feebly argued that court citations of blogs are no different from the courts' thousands of citations of law journal articles -- however, several of the court opinions' citations of blogs cited visitors' comments rather than the bloggers' original posts. An important legal decision can hinge on whether or not a particular comment or commenter was arbitrarily censored by a blogger. Listen up, Darwinists -- theoretically you could lose an important case against the fundies because some blogger arbitrarily censored your comment. Also, IMO this censorship is a legal issue whenever a blog is referenced by any authority -- such as a scholarly journal or a scholarly database -- that receives direct or indirect government support.

Please send in your protests (see this post) -- and please send me a copy so I have some idea of the amount of support I am getting ( my email address is LarryFarma@aol.com ). Even if your blog comments have not been arbitrarily censored in the past, they might be arbitrarily censored in the future. If it happens to you and you did not join this protest, you will have no one but yourself to blame.
.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>>I have been informed by telephone that Thomson-Scientific has referred the blog comment censorship issue to its legal counsel and that other staff will not discuss the issue further with me.<<<

In other words, Larry got yet another form-letter brush-off. I wonder how many more brush-offs his idiosyncratic crusade of one will generate?

Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home