I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A new member of Association of Non-Censoring Bloggers!

The first member other than myself has joined the ANCB, leaving the following entry in the ANCB membership list:

Member n° 2
Name: Alan Fox
Blog: Languedoc diary
Date joined: 9th May 2007

As the victim of several bans from pro-ID sites and having seen heavy moderation prevent the free exchange of ideas and create animosity where none need exist, I thought i would experiment with a blog that had no moderation or censorship beyond reserving the right to delete spam and obscenity. You can judge for yourself if the experiment worked.

Alan's blog has been in my sidebar's link list for some time.

Alan even posted the ANCB logo in the sidebar of his blog. Unfortunately, I cannot post this logo in the sidebar of this blog because I use the old blogger.com "template" mode here instead of the new "layout" mode. I am staying in the template mode because the link list format in the layout mode is bad -- I cannot insert my own link list titles and links that are two lines long or longer are not separated from the other links by extra spacing or indentation. Before, another reason was to keep my SiteMeter, but I finally found the instructions for adding a SiteMeter in the layout mode.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of sitemeter, you're tracking yourself again, Larry. Over 25% of the last 100 visits were by you. Time to renew your cookie.

Friday, May 11, 2007 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had you considered changing the name to the Association of Nutcase Bloggers? It would be more accurate.

Friday, May 11, 2007 3:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home