I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Edit War at Wickedpedia!

I am engaged in another edit war at Wikipedia, on Cheri Yecke's bio -- and this one is a dilly! Those Wikipedia control freaks have really painted themselves into a corner! Here is the exchange of editing messages (the maximum allowable length of the message is short -- otherwise I would have said more) --

IMO Wikipedia is not the place for political campaigning, but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em (I added my entry)

non-notable self-promotion by long-known internet crank (my entry censored)

Larry Fafarman's name and the name of his blog have been removed from this entry because of complaints of "self-promotion" (I restored my entry, less my name and blog name)

Advocacy for intelligent design and Teach The Controversy - removing unreliable sourcing, non notable self-promotion from Larry again (my entry censored again)

Removed references to personal blogs -- Wikipedia verifiability rule against using personal blogs as sources makes no exception for personal blogs of "notable" people (I censored references to blogs of BVD-clad bloggers Ding Elsberry and Sleazy PZ Myers -- two can play this game).

no Larry, read the sourcing policy (references to blogs of Ding and Sleazy PZ are restored)

The sourcing rules say that the only exceptions to the "no blogs" rule are for bloggers who are (1) professional journalists or (2) writing about themselves. Stop playing games, dunghill (I censor Ding's and Sleazy PZ's blogs again)

Reverting POV edits (Ding and Sleazy PZ restored again)


Now they have plumb run out of excuses -- they can't even dream up any more phony reasons for canceling my edits. Right now I am planning a late-night editing raid.

I am really giving those control freaks hell on the discussion page! On the discussion page, one of them went so far as to call BVD-clad blogger Sleazy PZ Myers a "syndicated op-ed columnist"! LOL. I wish I could bring in ReputationDefender to really give 'em hell. I would gladly pay their $29.95 fee but there are two problems: (1) their $29.95 jawboning/blackmailing service is available only to members who pay a $10-16 monthly fee, and (2) it's not my bio. I hope that Cheri Yecke will take action -- after all, she has the most to lose. I invite others to join the fray -- this is great fun!
.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Now they have plumb run out of excuses <

They don't need excuses. They have valid reasons.

> Right now I am planning a late-night editing raid. <

You are proving what they said about you. You are a nut who doesn't deserve being quoted anywhere (except for laughs).

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry's right on the edge of being site-banned at Wikipedia now. Will the humiliation ever stop?!?

Of course not. It's Larry's goal to be banned at as many places as possible so that he can rail against sanity.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Larry's right on the edge <

It looks like from his latest posts that Larry is far over the edge.

Here we have seen the development over a matter of months from just being a kook to complete insanity.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 1:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it's less a development and more a niche expansion after Larry discovered there's something on the internet outside of America Online.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 1:30:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

I am waging jihad against the Wickedpedia control freaks. This may become a classic.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 2:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> I am waging jihad against the Wickedpedia control freaks. This may become a classic. <

It looks like you are beating on the bars of your cage and declaring yourself to be Noah Webster. I have a clue for you, Larry. Nobody cares about your "war".

If you really think that any thinks of you as other than just a source of laughs, you are truly delusional!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 3:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real question is how could someone who was once an engineer have lost all of his intellect? Larry isn't just crazy, he is also stupid. I think he actually believes the crap he posts here.

Is it due to an accident or a medical problem?

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

< I am waging jihad ... >

What a wretched choice of phrase, with overtones of barf!

< This may become a classic. >

Classic what?

Friday, July 13, 2007 1:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home