I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Something must be done about Wickedpedia censorship NOW

.

The clowns who run Wickedpedia. Picture is courtesy of the Wikitruth website. "NPOV" stands for "Neutral Point of View," the name of one of the Wickedpedia content policies and a policy that Wickedpedia frequently ignores.

===================================================================

I feel that it is inappropriate to use Wikipedia for political campaigning, but since the Wikipedia bio of Cheri Yecke already contained political attack ads, I decided to respond with a rebuttal. Incredibly, my rebuttal was brazenly censored by a Wikipedia control freak named "FeloniousMonk" who gave the following incredible reason -- "non-notable self-promotion by long-known internet crank" -- see here.

Talk about arbitrary!

Unless we do something about Wikipedia censorship NOW, we might as well just throw in the towel now and forget about having a big democratic online encyclopedia open to reasonable editing by all.

Wikipedia should not be considered to be "private" -- it should be considered to be in the public domain. A lot of people supported Wikipedia in the belief that we should have a big public online encyclopedia and not just a lot of little private online encyclopedias. That is why so many people volunteered their time to work on Wikipedia. That is how Wikipedia got so big.

Darwinism must really be on its last legs if the Darwinists have to resort to that kind of censorship.

Cheri Yecke's current Wikipedia bio is here.

The last version before my entry was censored is on the bottom of the page here (my entry is just above the title "Allegations of Nepotism" near the bottom and the links are at the very bottom).

Also, I made some recent additions to the discussion page. I added comments to the "Deletion?" and "Advocacy for intelligent design" sections.

I will not stop until FeloniousSkunk is removed as a Wikipedia administrator. One would think that with all the credibility problems Wikipedia has been having lately, they would not have a jerk like that on their staff.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Voice in the Wilderness said...

As an asshole who once announced that he was going to launch an "editing war" on Wikipedia, I is amazing that they haven't banned you yet! Hopefully that will come next.

Why should they take your childish braying seriously?

Sunday, July 08, 2007 7:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"non-notable self-promotion by long-known internet crank"

What could be more accurate?

Sunday, July 08, 2007 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

ViW, you dunghill, edit wars go on at Wikipedia all the time. Each edit warrior is allowed up to three reverts per 24-hour period. Anyway, FeloniousSkunk did not give that as a reason for censoring me, and it would not have done him any good if he had.

Hypocritical anonymous ridicules my opposition to censorship while taking advantage of my no-censorship policy.

Sunday, July 08, 2007 9:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Voice in the Wilderness said...

> edit wars go on at Wikipedia all the time. <

There are a lot of assholes. Their number and degree of activity does not change the fact that they are assholes, acting as such.

> Anyway, FeloniousSkunk did not give that as a reason for censoring me <

Your use of these childish names is one of the major reasons that you are well known as an Internet crank. It seems like he did give a good reason for eliminating your stupid editing. You often bray that if you don't like reasons, they haven't been given. It is like the feeling of many babies that if they close their eyes, nobody can see them.

I have a surprise for you, asshole, the emperor has no clothes.

> and it would not have done him any good if he had. <

Yes. Your mind is made up. Facts have no room in it.

> Hypocritical anonymous ridicules my opposition to censorship while taking advantage of my no-censorship policy. <

He/she doesn't seem to mention your non-existant non-censorship policy. What are you braying about?

Monday, July 09, 2007 2:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Hector said...

The nature and fanaticism show by Larry's recent "wet hen" series of posts show that he is moving even closer to the edge. How long will it be before we see him on the evening news screaming his head off while demonstrating outside the office of one of his enemies while dressed as a chicken to gain his much needed attention. Let's have a pool.

Monday, July 09, 2007 9:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Other said...

> recent "wet hen" series of posts <

> Let's have a pool. <

Didn't you say he was already wet?

;-)

Monday, July 09, 2007 4:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home