I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Gossip about my private affairs

Some commenters here have been losing debates with me and have been taking out their frustration by gossiping here about my private affairs.

How many times do I have to explain to you jerks that a fairness doctrine for blog visitors' comments does not mean that comments may not be censored for legitimate reasons, e.g., being abusive, threatening, illegal, invading privacy, etc.. And while you accuse me of being a hypocrite for censoring gossip about me, you see nothing wrong with the egregious arbitrary censorship that goes on at Panda's Thumb, Fatheaded Ed Brayton's blog, Sleazy PZ Myers' blog, etc.. What a bunch of lousy two-faced hypocrites.

OK, I will leave your lousy trash on this blog so that you can't accuse me of any kind of censorship.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Some commenters here have been losing debates with me and have been taking out their frustration by gossiping here about my private affairs. <

You must have been censoring even more than I thought. There is no evidence on this blog of you ever winning any debate. If you won a debate, why not leave it on the blog?

> How many times do I have to explain... <

You only have to explain once. Bleating groundless nonsense repeatedly is not explaining.

> a fairness doctrine for blog visitors' comments does not mean that comments may not be censored for legitimate reasons <

You didn't have legitimate reasons.

> e.g., being abusive <

You would have to censor your own posts much more than others.

> invading privacy, etc.. <

How is mentioning your brother invading privacy? How is saying that Bill Carter was a good friend of yours for decades invading privacy? You are the one who has made an issue out of this with your lies.

> you see nothing wrong with the egregious arbitrary censorship that goes on at Panda's Thumb, Fatheaded Ed Brayton's blog, Sleazy PZ Myers' blog, etc.. <

Because it does not seem to exist there. How many times must I repeat this?

"Fatheaded", "Sleazy", "What a bunch of lousy two-faced hypocrites."

> e.g., being abusive <

Grow up Larry Anonymous Fafarman. If you stop the arbitrary censorship, as you have said you will, you will stop calling attention to what you claim is personal information and it will cease. Now if you really want to be taken seriously, you will stop the childish insults. They are probably the main reason that nobody wants to be associated with your blog.

If you act more like an adult, as do Ed Brayton, PZ Meyers and such, perhaps it is not too late to save your blog. Of course it would take all of the fun out of it.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 10:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home