I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sleazy PZ expelled from prescreening of "Expelled"

The story is here in the NY Times and all over the Internet -- just Google "PZ Myers" and "Expelled." Not surprisingly, the NY Times article was written by Cornelia Dean, who has a long history of bias against criticism of Darwinism.[1][2][3][4]

As long-term readers of this blog know, Sleazy PZ Myers is an unscrupulous BVD-clad blogger who arbitrarily censors comments and commenters. I should know -- I am at the top of his "killfile dungeon" list of banned commenters.

IMO, prescreening "Expelled" was a bad idea. This incident involving Sleazy PZ is being used against the movie, and also a prescreening for Florida state legislators was criticized as violating the spirit of the state's sunshine laws because the legislators got a chance to see the movie before the public gets a chance to see it and comment on it.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> As long-term readers of this blog know, Sleazy PZ Myers is an unscrupulous BVD-clad blogger who arbitrarily censors comments and commenters. <

We know that you make this claim and are unable to back it up.

This shows that the fundies are afraid of the truth.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 4:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By Darwin! I hear that Ben Stein,
Who believes in intelligent design,
Has wickedly got
A new film! It's rot!
(Or at least doesn't follow our line.)

(Posted by Leaver's hard-scribbling ghostwriter, Jim Sherwood.)

Saturday, March 22, 2008 5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

>>>>> We know that you make this claim and are unable to back it up. <<<<<

You despicable dunghill, Sleazy PZ has a "killfile dungeon" list of banned commenters -- and I am at the top of the list.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> You despicable dunghill, Sleazy PZ has a "killfile dungeon" list of banned commenters -- and I am at the top of the list. <

You pathetic cretin Bozo. It is a list of people who, like you, were banned for cause.

You are still dancing around trying to dodge proving that you have ever been censored arbitrarily (like the arbitrary censorship you do in this monitored blog).

Sunday, March 23, 2008 2:29:00 AM  
Blogger William Wallace said...

Hey Larry, Paul Z. Myers RSVP'd, but has not yet produced or given evidence that he was invited.

How many times have you RSVP'd to an even for which you were not invited?

Me? Zero.

But I did watch Wedding Crashers...that was a funny movie. Yet it was a movie.

Apparently, Paul Z. thought if he could get caught crashing the film, it would mean he was intelligent.

And yet, the reality is Paul Z. announced months in advance that he would make a disruptive spectacle of himself:

"I will go see this movie, and I will cheer loudly at my 30 seconds or whatever on the screen..."

The screening was meant to drum up excitement and buzz for the film.

I am not sure why some think the film producers were somehow obliged to give PZ a free pass to disrupt a private screening.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry has fallen off the edge. He is now censoring anything that makes him look bad. I assume that about 2/3 of the posts will now disappear.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:23:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

What looks bad here are the trolls who refuse to respect my privacy.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I parrot the words of that PZ,
Because...well, repeating is easy,
While thinking is hard!
So, in PZ's regard,
Who cares if he's sneaky and sleazy?

(Leaver! Since you're a parrot, from now on I'm giving you birdseed for dinner.--Jim Sherwood)

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice that if the terms +fafarman and +asshole are entered in a Google search, three pages of links are found. I have found no other name for which this is possible.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Voice in the Urbanness driveled,

>>>>> I notice that if the terms +fafarman and +asshole are entered in a Google search, three pages of links are found. I have found no other name for which this is possible. <<<<<

Just google "asshole" with "Ed Brayton," "PZ Myers," "Wesley Elsberry," etc., and you will get a lot more hits.

Just look at the lies and invective I get when I make a perfectly reasonable request that the comments here not contain gossip about my private affairs. I have said that such gossip includes any comments from those who claim to know me personally.

Have Sleazy PZ, Fatheaded Ed, Wesley "Ding" Elsberry, etc., posted any blog articles ridiculing my "hypocrisy" of claiming to have a no-censorship policy while prohibiting gossip about my private affairs? Of course not -- that would only make them look hypocritical themselves because of their own arbitrary censorship of comments.

"I'm always kicking their butts -- that's why they don't like me."
-- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have Sleazy PZ, Fatheaded Ed, Wesley "Ding" Elsberry, etc., posted any blog articles ridiculing my "hypocrisy" of claiming to have a no-censorship policy while prohibiting gossip about my private affairs? Of course not -- that would only make them look hypocritical themselves because of their own arbitrary censorship of comments.

Of course not indeed.

Why should notable bloggers waste their time pointing out the obvious errors on a non-notable, crappy blog when the non-notable, crappy BVD-wetting blogger has repeatedly shown himself utterly resistant to reason and fact?

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

They have attacked this blog before, dunghill.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

< Apparently, Paul Z. thought if he could get caught crashing the film, it would mean he was intelligent. >

If you, dear reader, don't know the real context of these remarks, I suggest listening.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home