I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Banned by so-called Texas Freedom Network

My comment submissions to the blog of the so-called Texas Freedom Network are no longer being considered for publication on a case-by-case basis but all of them are being blocked. What instigated this ban was my response to a video of comedian Bill Maher. Bill Mayer made several statements ridiculing the state of Texas, including the statement -- "Texas has a board of education?" My comment included the following statement: "TFN, you applaud when this stupid comedian ridicules your state. I have no respect for you. None at all." TFN's response was, "We love you too, Larry. Now goodbye." The TFN bloggers have pretty thin skins to kick me off their blog for something like that. And TFN has allowed other commenters to constantly abuse me. The Darwinists can dish it out but they sure can't take it. If my comment was so offensive, TFN had the option of not publishing it (TFN has comment moderation turned on) but they chose to publish it and then banned me. I believe TFN was looking for an excuse to get rid of me because my comments on the TFN blog are persuasive and irrefutable. As Gov. Arnold Schwarenegger said, "I'm always kicking their butts -- that's why they don't like me."
.
I can sometimes evade comment bans by submitting comments under false names and/or using anonymous proxies to get around IP address blocks. However, I like to submit comments under my real name and the free-of-charge anonymous proxies that I use sometimes don't work in getting around IP address blocks. IP address blocking is illegal or frowned upon in Europe and should be illegal in the USA. IP address blocking appears to be illegal in California.
.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Michael said...

It's seem sort of strange even for a militant pro-evolutionist blog to ban someone for one small comment in which you made.

I suspect you have made criticisms in the past on issues discussed in there. And when you said, "now goodbye" to them, they took you very literally and banned.

Your a very experienced blogger, I think it's odd, and foolish or immature to end a disagreement on an issue by telling the host "goodbye." Your not talking to them on the phone, blogging is different sort of communication in which people act differently. If you don't like getting banned, do not open the door for them to show you out!

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

>>>>>>And when you said, "now goodbye" to them, they took you very literally and banned.

Your a very experienced blogger, I think it's odd, and foolish or immature to end a disagreement on an issue by telling the host "goodbye." <<<<<<

Wrong. I didn't tell them, "now goodbye" -- they told me, "now goodbye." Read my original post again.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 10:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Larry, It looks like the Texas School Board is even dumber than you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5YWJAgJm2Q&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs%2Ediscovermagazine%2Ecom%2Fbadastronomy%2F2009%2F05%2F06%2Ftexas%2Dis%2Donly%2D6000%2Dyears%2Dold%2F&feature=player_embedded

Thursday, May 07, 2009 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Cargill is only one out of 15 members, bozo.

If I were as thin-skinned as the Texas Freedom Network, I would not have published your comment, dunghill.

BTW, it is hard for me to view videos with my slow dial-up connection because the loading time is about ten times the actual length of the video. Howewer, sometimes I can load a video in the background while I do other things on the Internet.

Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home