I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

STOP IMPERSONATING MY BROTHER

Someone has been impersonating my brother on "Dispatches from the Culture Wars" and on this blog, and I demand that it cease forthwith.

33 Comments:

Anonymous Bill Carter said...

Larry,

No one is impersonating your brother. He is concerned that you have made yourself a laughing stock on the web. It hurts him to see it.

Please take his comments for what they are meant to be, an offer of help. He is quite concerned about you as are all of your friends.

- Bill

Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:06:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Bill Carter said...

>>>>>No one is impersonating your brother.<<<<<<

Shut up.

This impersonation crap has gone too far.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:35:00 AM  
Anonymous VoiceInWilderness said...

The comments linked to by Dave Fafarman on Culture Wars are far too coherent to be made by a relative of yours.

As to comments on this blog by anyone claiming to be your brother, they seem to be missing. It appears that you have been censoring at the same time that you complain of the censorship of others.

My guess is that you are writing the majority of the comments on both sides on this blog, setting up an easy straw man with the comments made under the name "Larry Fafarman" and then shooting them down under other names.

While complaining about impersonation you admit to using false names on other blogs. It is possible that even I am one of your many personalities!

Please ignore requests to straighten out your act. There is a great deal of entertainment in watching you twist in the wind.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:48:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

VoiceInWilderness said --

>>>>>As to comments on this blog by anyone claiming to be your brother, they seem to be missing. It appears that you have been censoring at the same time that you complain of the censorship of others.<<<<<

Wrong. No one has been censored here (yet) -- not even obvious impersonators. The comment I referred to is on the "Two-timing new members of Dover school board" thread.

Also, sometimes comments may be slow to appear on the tan-colored pages displaying individual articles, which could lead to the false impression that I am deleting comments. The comments usually appear instantly on the white-colored comment-entry pages.

>>>>>My guess is that you are writing the majority of the comments on both sides on this blog, setting up an easy straw man with the comments made under the name "Larry Fafarman" and then shooting them down under other names.<<<<<

Why would I try to shoot down comments posted under my own name, you stupid moron?

>>>>>While complaining about impersonation you admit to using false names on other blogs. <<<<<

I had to use multiple names on Panda's Thumb to evade a ban (I was banned for no reason, I might add). Anyway, lots of people use false names and even multiple names on the Internet (though it is against the rules on Panda's Thumb to use different names on that blog) -- there is nothing wrong with that. But impersonation crosses the line.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 6:22:00 AM  
Anonymous VoiceInWilderness said...

> Why would I try to shoot down comments posted under my own name, you stupid moron? <

Well asshole, I falsely assumed that you knew what was meant by setting up a straw man. The arguments that you post under the name "Larry Fafarman" are so absurd that they are easily shot down, which you then proceed to do under other names. It looks like you are pro-Darwin and are using this method of supporting your case.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 6:55:00 AM  
Anonymous VoiceInWilderness said...

Have we established that you actually are "Larry Fafarman"?

Perhaps you used that name because you thought your scam would be more believable because of the previous antics of that poor soul.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:01:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

VoiceInWilderness said --

>>>>> Why would I try to shoot down comments posted under my own name, you stupid moron?

Well asshole, I falsely assumed that you knew what was meant by setting up a straw man. The arguments that you post under the name "Larry Fafarman" are so absurd that they are easily shot down, which you then proceed to do under other names. It looks like you are pro-Darwin and are using this method of supporting your case. <<<<<

It's like this, you stupid, feeble-minded cretin. I am the owner of this blog. If I refute my own arguments, then I lose credibility. If I lose credibility, then this blog loses readers. Therefore, if I were to make straw man arguments, logically I would make them under false names.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:18:00 AM  
Anonymous VoiceInWilderness said...

"Larry Fafarman" said...

> I am the owner of this blog. <

This log is operated by someone claiming to be "Larry Fafarman", the unemployed ex-engineer who has made a fool of himself on other blogs. For all I know, you may actually be the author of one of these other blogs.

> If I refute my own arguments, then I lose credibility. <

But the case of Darwinism gains. That may be what you are attempting to do.

> If I lose credibility, then this blog loses readers. <

As long as you continue to provide entertainment, this blog will gain leaders. There is a great deal of schadenfreud in your readers.

> Therefore, if I were to make straw man arguments, logically I would make them under false names. <

That is the point. How do we know that you are actually Larry Fafarman?

If you really are Larry Fafarman, I must assume that the Dave Fafarman posting here is actually your brother. The logic is clear. Nearly everything you have first denied, you have later admitted to be the truth. We will stay tuned.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to the IP addresses, YOU impersonated your brother, to Ed Brayton.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Shemp Fafarman said...

This is all due to a mixup in the hospital. Somewhere in the jungle something is picking fleas off of my real brother.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:35:00 AM  
Anonymous VoiceInWilderness said...

anonymous said...

"According to the IP addresses, YOU impersonated your brother, to Ed Brayton."

Well that proves it. This blog consists largely of Larry arguing with himself.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:38:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Anonymous said
>>>>>>According to the IP addresses, YOU impersonated your brother, to Ed Brayton. <<<<<<

I don't know if Ed Brayton said that, but if he did, he is full of shit.

For starters, Ed Brayton could be lying, and being the lousy scumbag he is, this is a strong possibility. But even if he is not lying, he is still full of shit. I use dial-up service, and my computer's local IP address changes every time I log on to AOL, but my brother and I possibly share the same AOL proxy with the same IP address. Panda's Thumb's ban on my IP address was able to work because my AOL proxy's IP address is mostly fixed (it occasionally fluctuates). In fact, I was blocked from commenting on PT because a ban was placed on the IP address of my AOL proxy for the purpose of banning comments placed under some names different from mine (of course, PT did not care about this injustice). Here is how Kevin Vicklund put it --

Another person showed up and posted some rather rude comments, and possibly posted under two names. The admin investigated and found that the same IP address was being use by four usernames, one of which was Larry. With this evidence, plus the previous threats, the admin decided those four users would be banned. However, the fourth name happened to be a long-time PT denizen who was definitely opposed to Larry's position, so another PT commenter did some digging and discovered that the IP address in question was one of the main gateways for AOL, which Larry was known to be using. -- from
http://im-from-missouri.blogspot.com/2006/04/censorship-on-pandas-thumb-and-aol.html#c114545812910353899

I was able to continue posting comments on Panda's Thumb by using anonymous proxies, which have IP addresses that are different than my AOL proxy's.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:11:00 PM  
Anonymous VoiceInWilderness said...

The bottom line is that you were the one who posted at least one of the posts on Culture Wars under the name Dave Fafarman. You have yet to deny this and the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.

The first one couldn't be you. It was posted by a rational and articulate person. It is possible that it is your brother. Some siblings are quite different.

As for your postings under assumed names on other blogs, if they take up more than two sentences, they may as well have your name on them. The style and irrationality make it clear which are yours.

It looks like one post on this blog and two on CW are by rational people. That rules you out. One on CW and one on this blog are mindless rantings which points to you.

This is a fascinating abberation. You have, according to the person claiming to be your brother, a good education, yet you clearly lack the ability for logical thought.

It looks like a discussion of your mental problems has already begun on CW. Why not open a similar subject here? You can post on both sides and get into a great squabble with yourself.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

VoiceInWilderness said...

>>>>>The bottom line is that you were the one who posted at least one of the posts on Culture Wars under the name Dave Fafarman. You have yet to deny this and the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.<<<<<


So if someone has not denied something, then it is automatically true? LOL OK, I deny it. Happy now?

And what "circumstantial evidence"? That I and my brother share the same AOL proxy? LOL

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:29:00 PM  
Anonymous voiceinwilderness said...

Ed Brayton, a person with considerably more credibility than yourself, has investigated this very carefully and while he can't prove that you posted any of the messages, it is very clear that the one who posted two of them is indeed David Fafarman. This is discussed on CW. He says that he has confirmed this with Dave Fafarman himself. You admit that you have a brother Dave.
Let alone the messages that are by persons unknown, do you deny that any fo these messages are by David Fafarman? If so, what is the point of this protest?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Martha Fafarman said...

Larry, Dave, Dave, Shemp...
leave the computer and come to the table - your dinner's ready.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Ed Brayton said...

Actually, I can prove it, simply by virtue of screen captures of the IP addresses and the ARIN information showing that everything that Larry says above is a lie. The only one who has been impersonating Larry's brother is Larry. The man seriously needs psychological help.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Ed Brayton said...

>>>>>Actually, I can prove it, simply by virtue of screen captures of the IP addresses and the ARIN information showing that everything that Larry says above is a lie. The only one who has been impersonating Larry's brother is Larry. The man seriously needs psychological help.<<<<<<

Ed, I told you once before not to post your crap on my blog, because you don't allow me to post on your blog.

Anyway, you are full of shit. Did you read my comment of Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:11:59 PM ? If you don't believe what I said there, then ask the administrators at Panda's Thumb and they will tell you.

And you are the one in need of psychological help. It is you, not I, who arbitrarily censors people.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:00:00 PM  
Anonymous VoiceInWilderness said...

Bottom line:

You lied about this and you are continuing to lie. You opened a new subject line to argue with yourself.

Ed has not arbitrarily banned you. He has given good reasons which apparently you can't understand.

Admit that your brother posted on both CW and here as Dave Fafarman and you have posted on CW as Dave Fafarman. This claim of impersonation is a fraud and only goes to prove your serious mental illness. This situation is no longer humorous. You seriously need help.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:13:00 PM  
Anonymous VoiceInWilderness said...

Let's hope that many people actually use the link provided to further evidence of his insanity:

>>>Enter Larry. Around the time the Dover decision was handed down, he started posting on PT. The majority of the active commenters on PT found his assertations so absurd that they couldn't resist pointing and laughing. Unfortunately, because it seemed so obvious that Larry's assertations were incorrect, most didn't bother to take the time to refute them.<<<

This is what you cite in support!

You are a clown and everyone is laughing at you. I no longer find it funny. I find it pathetic.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

You are a clown and everyone is laughing at you. I no longer find it funny. I find it pathetic.

I still find it hilarious.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry is busted. According to his brother a little disturbed. According to the rest of us, Larry's brother is correct. Here's to hoping Larry changes his weirdo behavior.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger JKVisFX said...

He he he he. Another Christian fundy gets caught lying. Gee, what a surprise. Gotta love the (lack of) honesty of these ding-dongs.

Give it up Larry, You were caught, plain and simple. What's wrong? Don't you have the balls to admit it like a man? It is obvious that Ed has you nailed with cold, hard evidence that would certainly be good enough to convict you if a court of law.

I'm not convinced you are mentally ill. I think you are just a lying, Christian, fundy turd.

So, what is it Larry, OK to lie as long as it is in the name of your religion?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:32:00 PM  
Anonymous VoiceInWilderness said...

> And what "circumstantial evidence"?
That I and my brother share the same AOL proxy? LOL <

Why do you only share it on one of the messages and not the others?

The rest of the evidence is that the first and third letters show the work of a thinking articulate man while the AOL crap shows the ranting of a lunatic.

Come clean and stop showing yourself to be an asshole. You are just digging yourself in deeper. You should invite Ed to post more rather than trying to oust him. He raises the level of this blog considerably.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anteater said...

Let's all back off a little. Larry is showing signs of increasing paranoia and insanity. While some of this can at first seem to be funny, he looks like he is on the edge of a total breakdown. Let's give it a rest before he hurts himself.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:19:00 PM  
Blogger DaveScot said...

Hey Brayton, you blithering idiot, how about posting that IP address so someone that knows what they're doing can check out the source. It's already been established that Larry's AOL proxy IP is shared by many others. They finally figured that out at Panda's Thumb when they unfairly accused multiple commenters of being the same person when in fact they were not.

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:32:00 AM  
Anonymous voiceinwilderness said...

I asked a network administrator that I know whether what Ed Brayton was saying had any substance. It turns out Larry is right and Ed Brayton is full of shit. I want to apologize to Larry and everyone here for being such an ignorant phuckstick.

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:34:00 AM  
Anonymous VoiceInWilderness said...

The last post under this name was done by Larry as can be easily seen by his characteristic ranting. Larry has never met a network administrator.

How long will he continue to carry on this battle against himself? It will be fun to watch.

Friday, May 26, 2006 9:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Davetard scott said...

Hi Dave! Have you published any more email hoaxes with bad photoshoped pictures recently? They’re the best posts. I liked the one you did where you said that common descent was a fact – on uncommon descent. Then everyone shouted at you, which wasn’t fair. The current crop that want rid of you just because you only post guff about the ACLU are no better. Ban them all, Dave!

I like it when you pretend not to be a theist then get upset about the ACLU and prayer. Oh you are as sly as a serpent, Dave,

Thanks for telling me that cells make "informed decisions" - do they read the broadsheets or just watch Bill O'Reilly like you?

I see your Marine buddies have shot up a bunch of innocent civilians.. when will you be getting outraged about that? HOO RAH! Semper Fi!

Okay, you can get back to fluffing Dumbski now. Good job on keeping UD 100% science free!

Friday, May 26, 2006 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger Deano said...

Hi Larry,

do you remember when you first threatened to post under multiple identities on the '1000' post PT thread? I pointed out then what fun we were going to have playing 'Spot the Larry!'

Little did I realise quite what a fun game this was going to be - and that even you would start to get confused :)

Incidentally I also pointed out that posting under multiple identities would be in breach of board rules - you decided to ignore the rule -and this is why you were banned:

"I had to use multiple names on Panda's Thumb to evade a ban (I was banned for no reason, I might add). Anyway, lots of people use false names and even multiple names on the Internet (though it is against the rules on Panda's Thumb to use different names on that blog) -- there is nothing wrong with that. But impersonation crosses the line."

To say that you when you were banned for no reason when you admit to flouting the rules seems rather pathetic Larry.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 6:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Sunday, July 02, 2006 10:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 12:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home