I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

"The E Word": a play

Steven Schafersman describes a play, "The E Word", that is now showing in Austin, TX:

A diplomacy effort in the struggle between science and religion over evolution.

This promises to be Austin’s premiere Darwinmania event — and national figures are paying attention!

Don't miss The E Word: A Playground Adaptation. A tender comedy with songs! Join a class of insatiably curious kindergarteners as they try to answer the big questions about science and religion. There’s make-believe mayhem as they become finches, tortoises, barnacles, beetles, Eve and Newton!

. . . . Take a reverent and irreverent look at our struggles with evolution.

It is no internal struggle for me, because I don't need to reconcile evolution and religion so far as my own beliefs are concerned.

Friday, May 15, is Texas Citizens for Science night. I will be there to lead the after-show discussion.

I wish I could be there to embarrass Stupid Steven with my questions about coevolution.
.
There's science!
There's singing!
There's praying!
There's puppets!

What do they sing -- those Darwinian parodies of Christmas carols?

Tickets: $15-25 Sliding Scale
Group Discounts available for 8 or more
Wednesdays are Pay What You Wish

Wednesday is the day for me.

Ticket information is here.

May 8-23, 2009
8 p.m. Friday May 8, Opening Night with Reception
8 p.m. May 9, 10 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 20, 21, 22, 23
The Off Center, 2211-A Hidalgo Street, Austin TX 78702

The E Word blog with photos is here. See photos of all your favorite people: Eugenie Scott, Steven Schafersman, Chris Comer, and Josh Rosenau.

Info Phone: 512-507-8535

Not appropriate for children under 12.

.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Steven Schafersman said...

Why, Larry, thank you for reading my blog--no one else does. And for helping to publicize the play. I'm afraid the audience was small on TCS night, so your presence would have been helpful. And you could have met Chris Comer who was there.

I have a new blog at the Chron called Geo.Sphere. My next column will be about Ida. Then next, the Flores hominid.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home