I'm from Missouri

This site is named for the famous statement of US Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver from Missouri : "I`m from Missouri -- you'll have to show me." This site is dedicated to skepticism of official dogma in all subjects. Just-so stories are not accepted here. This is a site where controversial subjects such as evolution theory and the Holocaust may be freely debated.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

My biggest motivation for creating my own blogs was to avoid the arbitrary censorship practiced by other blogs and various other Internet forums. Censorship will be avoided in my blogs -- there will be no deletion of comments, no closing of comment threads, no holding up of comments for moderation, and no commenter registration hassles. Comments containing nothing but insults and/or ad hominem attacks are discouraged. My non-response to a particular comment should not be interpreted as agreement, approval, or inability to answer.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Evolution Academic Freedom bill now in Florida Senate Judiciary Committee

The Evolution Academic Freedom bill is now in the Florida Senate Judiciary Committee. Teachers, students, school boards, and legislatures are now intimidated by that stupid Kitzmiller v. Dover decision (even though that decision is not binding anywhere outside of the Dover Area school district) and this bill is needed to help counteract that intimidation.

Here are the email addresses of the Florida Senate Judiciary Committee members:
.
villalobos.alex.web@flsenate.gov,
joyner.arthenia.web@flsenate.gov,
baker.carey.web@flsenate.gov,
deutch.ted.web@flsenate.gov,
portilla.alex.web@flsenate.gov,
fasano.mike.web@flsenate.gov,
gaetz.don.web@flsenate.gov,
geller.steven.web@flsenate.gov,
ring.jeremy.web@flsenate.gov,
saunders.burt.web@flsenate.gov

The sponsor of the Senate bill is Senator Ronda Storms:

storms.ronda.web@flsenate.gov

More info is here.
.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the addresses. I will certainly let these politicians know that we don't want to be intimidated by the creationists and their desire to substitute mysticism for science.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:10:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

ViU, you dunghill, I was sorely tempted to censor your preceding comment even though it contains no gossip about my private affairs. I got a lot of my information from the so-called Florida Citizens for Science, which of course opposes the bill. I had the courtesy to not clutter up the FCS blog with a stupid comment thanking them for the information.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is ViU a dunghill Larry? The only comments you get are from trolls like he and I. Maybe I'll write to them too and support science standards, maybe forwarding Bobby Henderson's FSM letter as well. RAmen.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 3:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> I was sorely tempted to censor your preceding comment even though it contains no gossip about my private affairs. <

Well this would not be a first. You use claims of "gossip about my private affairs" to censor all sorts of things that say nothing that could be considered private information and often doesn't even mention you.

Have you resigned from your one man "association" yet? You clearly do not live up to its claimed standards.

> I had the courtesy to not clutter up the FCS blog with a stupid comment <

You should extend that courtesy to your own blog.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 1:26:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Anonymous sez,
>>>>>> Why is ViU a dunghill Larry? The only comments you get are from trolls like he and I. <<<<<

So you admit that you and ViU are trolls!

I do get some intelligent comments here.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like him and me

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home